Tuesday, April 29, 2008

Sunny Saturday

Saturday was perfectly sunny day. Jean and I got a ride from Dennis in the early afternoon to Alberta Street. Alberta is one of my favorite neighborhoods, it is filled with art galleries, restaurants, shops, and people, but there is a good feel of diversity there like nowhere else in the city.
The gentrification of Alberta to me is sad, like most art districts the poor areas of town bring in the artists, they beautify that part of the city and the property values go up and everyone has to move.
Jean had a wonderful time, she sad hello to so many people, went in shops and we also got a vanilla chai iced tea at Townshend Teahouse. It has a welcoming atmosphere and she rested in a comfortable chair and read magazines. Afterwords we rode the bus home, I think she really enjoyed her day out and so did I!
-
Margaret

No comments: